9:38 AM

Fishing!

Being that I grew up in Alaska, I truly do love to go fishing. It's so relaxing, the water is so peaceful, and all the cares of the world just go away when that line starts tugging... ahhhh.... love it. Anyways, although nothing on EARTH could ever top fishing in Alaska for REAL fish (you with me Alaskans!?), Arkansas is known for its fishing and there are tournaments held all the time all around us. Now, it's hard for me to get used to a 20 inch fishing being huge, BUT... I'm working on it.

All that being said, we haven't gotten out and fished really since we've lived here. I think Joel threw a line in the water a few times from our lake boat, but I don't remember him catching anything over a few inches. SO, a few weeks ago Joel surprised me with a guided fishing trip on the White River. We are good friends with the guide and it was a fabulous day. It was real foggy in the morning and almost chilly, though by noon I had a ridiculous sunburn that I'm still peeling from.
Joel caught the first few fish of the day, but I came back strong and started just bringing 'em in. I caught the first Brown Trout of the day and it was pretty decent at 19.5 inches. Once again, they tell me that's good :). Well, after my run of luck, the luck went back to Joel and he caught several more towards the end of our trip, including a nice Brown also (not as nice as mine though, tee hee!).

 
Thank you Babe for such a great day on the river! I had so much fun!!!!
P.S. I'll let you catch the big one next time :)

1 comments:

Brooke and David said...

You Alaska girls and your fishing skills! :)