10:10 AM

Mia's Birthday

Well, our little girl turned 1 May 15th. Wow. What a crazy year. It has gone by very fast, but at the same time I can't remember life without this little creature that only showed up a year ago. She gets to be more and more fun every day. Ashley Myers once told me that every stage will be your favorite stage and you'll think that nothing could ever top that stage - until the next day :) She's so right. Anyways, enough sentiment... here's the birthday party!

I didn't want to use up any of the REALLY cool birthday theme ideas on her first birthday where she really doesn't "get it"... so since she's into bubbles I thought I'd do a bubbles theme, which kind of led to a rubber ducky theme. So here's the cake:
Well, Joel didn't exactly ask what I was planning to do for Mia's birthday, so when his mom asked if I had a theme, he said "no". SO...she showed up with a whole theme set up for Madagascar, complete with a 4.5 foot tall giraffe pinata. Whoa. So at the party there was a bubbles and rubber ducky area with a kids pool full of all sorts of different rubber duckies for the kids to play with (or chew on), and then a Madagascar area. Classic... :) If it wasn't totally random, it wouldn't be our family, right?!?

Anyooo, here are some other photos from her party:
Mia hitting her ginormous pinata!
Then after the party we went home to open gifts. I swear Joel's mom bought all of WalMart. I had to pack up all sorts of toys in boxes for future use as we only let Mia have a few at a time. At least she won't get bored! AND...we won't have to buy her another toy until she's 8! Ha!

I'm always getting sneezing pictures! (I think they're cute...)
And at the end of everything, she gave us a little recital. Awww.
Well, we've been doing a lot of adventurous stuff, so stay tuned, I shall be posting!

3 comments:

Chris and Megan Bunch said...

Wish we could have been there, it looks like everyone had a great time! I love the beautiful cake that you made her, it is awesome!! You guys are amazing parents and she is lucky to have picked you two :)

Brooke and David said...

Happy belated birthday to Miss Mia!! She is such a doll!! Really...she is already one!?

You did such a fabulous job on her cake! So cool that you will always be able to make her cake!

Unknown said...

She is growing up so fast! She looks so old too! and I love how happy she is all the time! We miss you guys and hope everything is going well!!