6:58 PM

St. Louis

Memorial Day weekend, we ran up to St. Louis for a one-nighter. The Rib America circuit begins that weekend and runs through Labor Day weekend in Reno (Sparks), Nevada. The teams that we used to work for are some of the original teams that began this whole circuit thing and since they were so close, we thought we would go see them. They have become very dear friends to us. So dear, in fact, I have ZERO photos of them. Grrr. Anyhooo... it was fabulous to see all of our "ribbing" buddies and Joel got to stay out and talk restaurant business with some of the older ones who have very successful restaurants back home. It's always good to pick the brains of those who have paved the way! The St. Louis Rib Show always has really great bands and the night we were there Brett Michaels played. He played for EVER and did great. I guess he appeared on American Idol before St. Louis, but this was one of his very first shows back after his brush with death. "People" Magazine was there covering the event. So that was cool. Once again, no photos.

We went to the arch:
And then to this awesome kids water park in the city garden. Forgive the abundance of photos. I went a little crazy and this is just a sampling. Enjoy!

"Hey Dad, what's this?"
"Whew! That was kind of cool!"
"Oh! Oh! There it is again!"
"Daddy, I don't need to hold your hand, I can go explore by myself. I"ll be fine."
"Wha....!!!!!" (mommy note: btw this is my favorite picture EVER. Going on the fireplace for SURE)
"Holy cow! What just happened?"
"OK. I got this. It comes out of there...."
"Dang it!!!"
"OK. I guess it's pretty funny. At least I'm not thirsty anymore!"
"This is SO Much fun mom and dad!"
The girls
My Mommy and Daddy!
We had a lot of fun in St. Louis even though we were there less than 24 hours :).

0 comments: